Vacuum manifolds are used to draw liquid through a filter or SPE plate into either a waste tray or a collection plate. The application of vacuum increases the speed at which samples can be collected.
Read more on the below described Porvair Chromatography solutions in their catalog:
The MicroLute vacuum manifold from Porvair Sciences is precision machined from crystal clear acrylic (top plate) and acetal polymer (plenum chamber). The acrylic top plate allows visual access to the plenum chamber for checking progress of the separation process.
- Designed to take most filter plates manufactured to the SBS/ANSI specification with long drip directors
- Also designed so that SPE plates can be used, especially the Porvair Sciences MicroLute™ plate
- Fitted with valve controller to ensure accurate adjustments of vacuum to the manifold
- On/off valve for speed of use
- Square well collection plate volumes of 350μl, 1ml and 2ml may be used. Any plate up to 44mm in height can be used
- Fitted with a custom O-ring in upper surface allowing airtight interface etween plates during operation
- Removable top plate to install reservoir tray or collection plate
- Chamber has a medium resistance to alcohols and weak acids
Based on our successful MicroLute™ Acrylic Manifold, the new Universal Robotic Manifold is designed to be easily assembled and disassembled by robotic manipulators, thus enabling productive automation of SPE or DNA clean-up procedures. Able to accommodate collection plates from 14mm – 44mm in height and adaptable for working with short, medium and long skirts and drip directors, the Universal Robotic Manifold can operate with many different brands of filter plate and collection trays. Supplied with an integral vacuum gauge, the Manifold provides complete control of vacuum pressure ensuring plates are processed with high reproducibility. The Manifold is fully compatible with most commercial robotic liquid handling systems. The Universal Robotic Manifold is suitable for a range of manufacturer’s plates without an adaptor. For certain plate types a Shallow Adaptor or a Deep Adaptor, is required.
- Compatible with any filter plate type
- Robotic friendly designs aids automation
- Chemically resistant acetal/acrylic construction
- Adaptable for different collection plates
- Easy visual inspection of process
- Built in vacuum