SiliCycle is the leader in the development of functionalized silica gels, gathered under the name SiliaBond, for use in organic synthesis. The backbone of all SiliaBond products is SiliCycle SiliaFlash® F60 which provides superior performance for all types of applications due to the narrow particle size distribution and high purity. All the products in this section are made of standard flash silica gel, namely 40-63µm, 60A. SiliCycle is able to provide all functionalized products on any silica of this catalog (SiliaFlash, IMPAQ™, SiliaSphere™ and SiliaSphere™ PC) in any format (SiliaPrep™ SPE and SiliaSep™, SiliaSep, etc.) on a custom basis.
The use of solid supported reagents and scavengers is an excellent way to expedite organic synthesis by simplifying the purification process. Standard purification procedures including chromatography, liquid-liquid extraction, and crystallization can be time-consuming and difficult to scale up. In many cases, supported reagents have distinct advantages over their solution-phase counterparts, the biggest one being the ability to do multiple transformations in a single pot, the immobilization of toxic reagents, and increased selectivity. They are suitable for use in batch reactions and in flow through applications.
- Extremely easy product / API isolation and purification (simple & quick filtration of the heterogeneous support)
- Eliminates or strongly reduces the need for laborious purifications
- No leaching of silica or catalyst and no cross contamination
- Highly suitable for either batch or continuous flow applications
- Convenient for high throughput medicinal & discovery chemistry
- Improved reactivity & selectivity over homogeneous reagents / catalyst
- Compares very favourably to polymer-based reagents: no swelling, thermally stable, more easily scalabe, faster kinetics, compatible with all solvents and mechanically stable.
SiliCycle’s SiliaMetS Metal Scavengers are functionalized silica gels designed to react and bind excess metal complexes. In recent years, the time pressure associated with quickly bringing candidate drugs to market has increased the number of transition metal-catalyzed reactions being transferred from lead optimization to early scale-up. The removal of post-reactions metal residues has become a major issue in the pharmaceutical industry. Purification of APIs from residual metal catalyst by traditional methods (chromatography, activated carbon, distillation, etc.) often leads to problems such as high costs, time loss, low efficiency, and reduced API yields. To overcome these limitations, SiliCycle has developed SiliaMetS Metal Scavengers, a range of products that have significantly changed how chemists can purify APIs.