For over 18 years, SiliCycle has been offering a wide selection of TLC plates in various sizes (plate, thickness), backings (Glass, Aluminum, Plastic) and chemistries (CN, C18, NH2, 10% Silver Nitrate) to provide best separation experience for both qualitative and quantitative analysis. SiliaPlate represents an efficient and economical alternative to other TLC plate manufacturers while demonstrating high separation efficiency and low background noise, due to the narrow particle size distribution silica gel used for manufacturing.
The extraordinary silica layer hardness combined to a homogeneous coating and layer thickness allow excellent separation without cracking or blistering. Each TLC batch is chemically and physically controlled by our Quality Control department to ensure lot-to-lot, layer-to-layer and batch-to-batch reproducibility. SiliCycle is a worldwide leader in silica gel products for chromatography, and we are committed to providing high quality plates to streamline our customers’ expectations for price and quality. Besides, we are continuously investing in our research to improve our portfolio and meet today’s ongoing developments.
Various adsorbents can be used for TLC coating; silica, alumina, florisil, etc. However, silica gel is probably the most versatile since it covers almost all types of separation (if the right solvent system is selected). More than 80% of all purifications are performed using silica gel as the adsorbent. The particle size distribution used for the silica is related to the nature of the plate. For standard TLC, silica gel with a mean particle size of 10 – 14 µm is used compared to HPTLC where a smaller particle size is required. In both cases, pore diameter is always 60 Å. Some functionalized silica gels like reversed-phase (C18, C8, Amine, Cyano, Diol, …) and specialty (Silver Nitrate) plates can also be used as TLC adsorbent for particular needs. The two most popular modes of separation employed in TLC are normal and reversed phases. In normal phase separation, the mobile phase is less polar than the stationary phase. Inversely, in reversed mode, the mobile phase (usually a mixture of water and organic solvent) is more polar than the stationary phase (C18).
SiliaPlate TLC plates are available in the following standard sizes depending on the coating used: 20 x 20 cm, 10 x 20 cm, 5 x 20 cm, 5 x 10 cm & 10 x 10 cm. Also for your convenience, SiliCycle provides ready to use micro TLC plates in 2.5 x 10 cm, 2.5 x 7.5 cm & 2.5 x 5 cm formats. An interesting compromise between standard and micro plate sizes is our Scored SiliaPlate (glass backing). Two different formats are available and possible cut combinations are shown in the image below.
- 20 x 20 cm plates scored to get four 5 x 20 cm plates (or multiple of 5 cm width)
- 10 x 20 cm plates scored to get seven 2.5 x 10 cm plates (or multiple of 2.5 cm width)
All standard SiliaPlate products are made with a Gypsum binder and have an UV indicator (F254). Contact us for custom products.
The layer thickness is related to the nature of the analysis (analytical or preparative) as well as the performance of the plate (TLC or HPLTC). The most common layer thicknesses are 150 µm (HPTLC plates), 200 – 250 µm (analytical TLC plates) and 500 – 2,000 µm (preparative TLC plates).
- Optimize separation conditions by using the same silica gel as in your flash columns and cartridge
- Made with an extra hard layer that ensures the plates won’t lose silica on robbing and heating
- Lot-to-lot and layer-to-layer reproducibility guaranteed by the consistent thickness of our SlicaPlate™
- Made with a unique Gypsum binder and UV indicator for direct visualization
- Maximal separation performance ensured by dense coating and narrow particle size distribution
- Small quantity of compound required and high sample throughput capability (up to 20 samples simultaneously)
- Wide range of sizes, backings and chemistries to suit wide range of application needs
- Suitable for quality testing, residue analysis, drug monitoring, reactions follow-up, in-process control, metabolism studies etc
- SiliaPlate Al TLC-Aluminum-Backed, 200um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate TLC Plates, Aluminum-Backed Amine NH2 , 150um, 4x8 cm, F254, 50p
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, 250um, 20x20 cm , 25p TECH. GR
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, 250um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate Prep G TLC-Glas-Backed, 1000um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate Prep G TLC-Glas-Backed, 2000um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, 250um, 2.5x10 cm , 100p
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, hard Layer 250um, 2.5x7.5cm , 100p
- SiliaPlate G TLC - Glass-Backed, 250 Ám, (5x10cm), 200/box
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, Special Layer for KMnO4 revelation,250um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate G TLC-Glas-Backed, 250um, 5x10cm , 200p
- SiliaPlate G HPTLC-Glas Backed, AgNO3 15% , 250um, 20x20 cm , 25p
- SiliaPlate Prep TLC-Glas-Backed, C18 15% , 1000um, 20x20 , 15p