Porvair Sciences has announced the MiniVap™ Gemini – an all new entry-level product designed to remove the solvent from two microplates simultaneously.
Using a highly efficient evaporator head technology and an innovative manifold design, which directly injects heated nitrogen into each well of two 96-well microplate simultaneously, the MiniVap Gemini enables researchers to remove the traditional laboratory ‘bottleneck’ of solvent evaporation from microplates prior to analysis or reconstitution in buffer.
The productive MiniVap™ Gemini has been designed to accommodate any ANSI / SLAS footprint 96-well microplate up to 60mm high. The MiniVap™ Gemini has been designed to be simple to operate and maintain. Installation requires only connection to a gas supply and standard mains socket. With manual control of the needle depth, gas temperature and flow rate, the MiniVap™ Gemini delivers fine control and quicker drying times than other standard evaporation methods. Safety of operation is ensured as the CE marked compact unit fits into all fume cupboards.
Minivap Gemini Specification
- Voltage 110v or 220v Auto ranging power supply
- Max Current: 10A
- Heaters: Ambient to 60C
- Heater setting: Via TK-32 programmers (2)
- Evaporation Heads: 2, interchangeable 24, 48, 96 straight or 96 spiral needles.
- Gas inlet: 8mm i.d.QuickConnect
- Gas Pressure: Minimum 3 bar, maximum 7bar
- Gas Control: Two independent needle valve controls
- Gas Flow rate: Heaters inactive below 35l/min flow rate, max flow 70 L/min PER HEAD
- Gas Requirements: supply at 3-7bar and up to 160L/Min (both heads)
- Vertical travel: 55mm plate height
- Plate adjustment: simultaneous height adjustment of both plates
- Plate locators: two sets, individually adjustable
The Gemini information PDF can below downloaded below. Please contact us for more information.